Monday, July 13, 2009

Will We Lose About Fifty Years of American History?

Funny, I don't remember sleeping during those Civil Defense classes in grammar school or junior high. My first presidential vote that I ever cast was for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and I can remember the introduction of the Strategic Defense Initiative (Star Wars). I can also remember the period of time when the Berlin Wall fell and the influence of America and Pope John Paul II on the ending of communism in Eastern Europe. And I also remember that the Soviet Union was impressed with the prowess of our weaponry. Or at least I thought I remembered.

Liz Cheney wrote the following in the Wall Street Journal:

There are two different versions of the story of the end of the Cold War: the Russian version, and the truth. President Barack Obama endorsed the Russian version in Moscow last week.

Read Obama Rewrites the Cold War and decide for yourself if we are not seeing more of the concept of Historical Revisionism (negationism) and situational ethics playing itself out in the public square right before our very eyes.

Update 1: I also wanted to add here that Liz Cheney should be looked on as a person who has a real future in the conservative movement. She appears to not be cowed by criticism of her beliefs and on her TV appearances she holds her own when confronted with debate. In fact, I believe that she has bested everyone that I have seen her appear with by fighting with facts. Further, even when they make stuff up, she sticks to her guns and doesn't let popular and dishonest narratives fly unchallenged. We need a lot more of that.

Update 2: I just came across this: EXCLUSIVE: Liz Cheney open to a political run. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment