Friday, July 31, 2009

Do Not Worship Thy Favorite Politician

I read this at the Huffington Post: Mark Joseph: The Only Thing Weirder Than the Birthers...

This article reflects much of my thinking on the Obama Birth Certificate. I have never given the subject much prior thought because, on the whole, it just seems too far-fetched that a candidate, nominee and later elected president would not meet the requirements of the elected office. But I wonder if it is that far of a stretch when considered today. Too much cheerleading, not enough vetting, and the same bunch now defending what appears to be the indefensible. At some point there is a put-up or shut-up factor that either festers or gets put aside.

An affidavit is not the same as an original. See this at WikiAnswers: Is a certification of live birth the same as a birth certificate in Hawaii?

From even the liberal Talking Points Memo: Sorry to State the Obvious... Read the last update.

Now, folks, I may truly be a nutjob, but forgive me that I don't accept an affidavit from a bureaucrat instead of evidence of the real thing. Especially when most all the wrong people seem to be insisting that I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment