Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jail-order Brides - This is Just Wrong

This is pretty bad. Per The Jerusalem Post via Mark Steyn :
In the Islamic Republic it is illegal to execute a young woman, regardless of her crime, if she is a virgin, he explained. Therefore a "wedding" ceremony is conducted the night before the execution: The young girl is forced to have sexual intercourse with a prison guard - essentially raped by her "husband."
Read Jail-order brides . This is an article that I noticed at The Corner at National Review Online. The writer, Mark Steyn, subs for Rush Limbaugh and writes the way that I wish I could.

Explain to me one more time how this is representative of a religion of peace how we should have a dialogue with their leaders. Or that our standards are so poor that we must be tolerant so as not to judge other cultures and religions by our standards. I guess that it's shame that they weren't handling snakes. Boy, we could really look down on them then!

Do we really want to talk to these folks? This is just one more example that demeans the credibility of our betters in government. Do I believe what I see or read or do I conveniently overlook this to get along. Just the same kind of nonsense like Homeland Security without locking down the borders. I don't know how we could ever justify tolerance of this kind of religious belief, but I doubt that the networks will mention this.

Shared via AddThis



No comments:

Post a Comment