Saturday, August 15, 2009

This Guy Needs Nasty Things Said About Him

When I first started this blog, I came up with some "Blog Rules" and I just may make an exception about one of them. I don't care if I can't walk this back.

I noted today that Robert Reich sought to put down town hall protesters with his Op-Ed, How To Fight Health Care Fearmongers and Demagogues. In this piece, he stumbles on the truth about the administration's incompetence that is also pretty well summed up in this Instapundit post. In my words, the Obama administration is trying to defend what rubes like me refer to as a 'pig in a poke.'



"Just trust us," they say, "you'll be fine."

Now what really has me pissed off comes from way back in February before I started this blog. This I believe explains the entire problem that this administration has at the moment. It all goes back to the Stimulus Package and it's formulation. Watch this video at YouTube, No stimulus money for high skilled professionals or white male construction workers. This is repeated at Robert Reich's blog post titled The Stimulus: How to Create Jobs Without Them All Going to Skilled Professionals and White Male Construction Workers. This is one of the guys that had input to the stimulus package. This reeks of picking winners and losers with a jobs bill.

All thoughts, back then, on the stimulus that weren't part of some left-wing wish list were ignored. And don't tell me that the republicans didn't have anything to offer up. They did. In fact, Representative Walter Minick, a democrat from Idaho's first district had an alternate plan.

To you of the great unwashed, how stimulated does the stimulus make you feel right now? Not very, right. Well, that's because the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 does not contain honest stimulus that contains the incentives to immediately get things going.

You remember how this had to be passed quickly. So quickly that congress could not even thoroughly read it before passage. Does this kind of remind you of the past few weeks and how the health care system, as we know it now, may not make it till tomorrow? Thank God for the people who spoke out and protested. Otherwise, we would be picking up our aspirins from the Post Office.

Now, I got skin in this game. The construction downturn has hit me hard and I make no apologies for my bias. We, of the great unwashed, actually have electric lights, internet service and school systems where we learned how to read. Hell, I've even had a couple of economics classes. We have seen close to three decades of what works when it comes to stimulating the economic activity and nothing that we have seen since January makes sense.

To finish up with Robert Reich. This guy represents the worst case of sorriness that I have ever seen. This President could have worked on a stimulus with moderate democrats or even republicans and had a good chance of uniting the country on at least this front. But no, guys like Robert Reich and others who wanted to reward some and punish others were the people that had the ear of this president.


Good luck, Mr. President, on getting any trust from the great unwashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment