Sunday, August 16, 2009

There Is Nothing Wrong With The Great Unwashed

Writing, for my part, is the ultimate form of self-expression and I always hope to improve. But every so often, I read something that I only wish that I had written.

If you get a chance, follow the link to: What we want from the Republicans . I do not know who Doctor Zero, the author, is, but I have become a fan. This following paragraph jumped out at me:


Every politician runs on a platform of “change.” We want change in 2010… but, for once, we want the government to change. We’ve had enough of people like Obama trying to use the government to change us. We’re tired of being slammed with thousand-page bills that tell us what we have to sacrifice, and what we’re not allowed to do. We want to see some one-page bills that list things the government is not allowed to do.



The citizenry is not the problem. There is nothing wrong with us, folks. I just want the best for my family, friends and me, and if everyone can get that opportunity then everything will work itself out. I expect it's going to be the citizenry who corrects the wrongs of our betters.

No comments:

Post a Comment