Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Selling Drives Everything" - Palin Facebook-Success And Obamacare-Sorriness

There are only a few writers today that I wait impatiently to read. That's probably because I see very few pieces written that once begun actually deserve to be read all the way to the end. But every week, I go out of my way to read Peggy Noonan and Charles Krauthammer. I am now adding Dr. Zero to the list.

To say that both Peggy Noonan and Charles Krauthammer have little regard for Sarah Palen is a gross understatement. I have so much respect for each writer's individual perspective and pretty much agree with all their viewpoints, but for the life of me I cannot understand why the mere thought of Sarah Palin expressing her opinions forces them to pull on the asshat. I read Charles Krauthammer's Let's Be Honest About Death Counseling, and noticed the following slight toward Sarah Palin:

We might start by asking Sarah Palin to leave the room. I've got nothing against her. She's a remarkable political talent. But there are no "death panels" in the Democratic health care bills, and to say that there are is to debase the debate.
Now, I keep a steno pad by my keyboard and jotted down a note to go back to this at some date. But lo and behold, Dr. Zero has beat me to the ultimate takedown with Why Sarah Palin Should Not Leave The Room. Follow the link and read the whole thing. Special note to the following quote:

Those Facebook pages she’s tossing around like ninja throwing stars are eloquent proof that no one has the right to pat Sarah Palin on the head and send her out of the room, while the grown-ups settle down to serious talk. She isn’t just writing snarky rants. She’s providing both devastatingly effective criticism, and substantial policy alternatives. It’s fairly obvious the White House paid a great deal of attention to her infamous “death panel” column. I haven’t seen that many people turned into nervous wrecks by Facebook since the last time the “Mafia Wars” servers went down.
The highlight is mine but the metaphor presented shows the power of a well-phrased metaphor. "Death Panel" could have been referred to as a "Dying Panel," "End of Life Panel," or any other colorful term, but it succinctly labels the inescapable fact that the government is further involved in a way that we have never seen. It is hard to believe that abortion or end-of-life decisions will be a matter of choice and not be a recommendation that will further work toward favoring the collective. A collective, I may add, that will be stressed for funds.

Also note the following from Dr. Zero's article:
When was the last time you heard a leftist intellectual belittle a popular liberal politician, the way Charles Krauthammer treated Sarah Palin?

The answer is never. They know that to discredit the messenger is to discredit the message.

As you may know, I come from the perspective of residential construction and spent many early morning hours in a construction trailer. I eventually was promoted and moved out of the trailer, but only after learning that "Sales Drives Everything." I may have been one heck of a builder, but until I made the extra effort to tailor my actions to selling, I would have never got beyond the trailer. Selling and marketing is the difference between products that are seen or unseen.

To have truth and facts on you side is good but we saw from the last presidential election that having substance was not enough. To succinctly communicate in the language of the great unwashed should only be encouraged as we accumulate more under our philosophical tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment